St Beer's day

Hey, it's Laa Laa again !

Today, I'd like to talk about St Patrick. St Patrick's day. The only thing I knew was pretty much what is on this picture... Anyway, everybody was talking about it so I wanted to do something special for this famous St-Patrick's day ! My other teletubbies friends already had plans, so I accepted the offer of a guy to go for a drink. But first, I wanted to know what this day was about, so I asked my dear friend wikipedia :
Ok, so it is an irish feast day also celebrated in the USA. Let's go to an Irish bar then yeah ! As a french person, I was quite happy to go back in my old loved Europe for a night. But what I saw yesterday night was everything except European.
Let's rephrase it : St Patrick's day is in fact a day when every american can wear green and go drink beer on a wednesday night. I met at least 6 guys who -they said- had irish origins (one of those even swore me that 50% of the americans actually had irish origins !)
I still don't know why I danced yesterday, but I know that I loved it !

No comments:

Post a Comment